Thursday, January 15, 2015

6. POSTURE - 2014


12.1 Texting can add up to 50 pounds of pressure on a person's spine
12.2 Posture and Dentistry
12.3 The rights of a child to a healthy life
12.4 The end of shop class



-----------
12.1 Texting can add up to 50 pounds of pressure on a person's spine (10/12/2014)
 
By the time today’s youth reach college, they’ll already be experts at slumping over their cell phones. They will have hit the coveted 10,000-hour mark and their thumbs will deftly move over the virtual keys of their virtual keyboard, their necks bent downward at impossible angles. They might as well have a 7-year-old on their backs.

​​A new study published in Surgical Technology International finds that texting can add up to 50 pounds of pressure on a person’s spine, depending on the angle at which the person is texting. It upholds a new school of thought in the medical field that deplores many of the modern conveniences we’ve come to love: the toilet, the office chair, and, of course, the cell phone. It’s not that these technologies are necessarily evil, but that evolution has molded our bodies to function best without them. We in the Western world don’t seem to care.
Solving the postural problem is one of the most complex and rewarding tasks that our human society can take up.

I. Selvaraj, IITM, 72

12.2 Posture and Dentistry (3/12/2014)

 I wish professionals will treat us wholisticly instead of isolated parts as a field of specialization.
I've talked to 3 professors in dentistry- they at first didn't think of importance. They even felt I'm a bit crazy to linking the teeth to the body problems. Then I send them research done by some other doctors-they were astounded of the facts. Now even though they know it is logical but they are not willing to go beyond what was traditionally taught & practice by them-to be safe. The dentist I see feels everyone is asymmetry, it's normal to have pain & it's part of aging. In fact I see them having bad postures as they constantly need to bend at their neck & butt tuck in to treat patients.

They even boldly told me to go Italy or America to see those doctors to get myself treated instead. I was very disturbed with their attitude.

I've decided to use whatever knowledge I have to help myself, no choice & no use paying them for messing me up. To fix my bite-dentist gave me 2 expensive, difficult & irreversible choice. First to grind some teeth then put some crown or second redo braces to make my bite even. I told them I'm going for 3rd option-starecta, they're not willing to cooperate to help me-so I'm doing it myself.

I've got help from dentist to make me the bite guard & I'm going to modify it into a rectifier myself & adjust it every 2 weeks with help from Moreno and people from his group-they are more helpful & open than a lot of professionals. I've got almost all the stuff ready-just 1 more thing & I'm ready to go. I'm hoping by next week I can get myself fix. 

Great dentist exists but they are rare, haven't found any yet in place I stay.


http://occlusionconnections.com/Blog/bite-optimization-and-postural-alignment/



-----

Selvaraj,


I found this, thought you can research on this too. I'm embarking on similar journey with starecta technique as I could not find such dentist in my country.
I'm amazed how balancing the head from the bite can resolved so many problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6JSXVZS8w




12.3 The rights of a child to a healthy life (24/12/2014) 
 http://naturalrightsofchildren.blogspot.com/

12.4 The end of shop class  (9/2/2012)



 12.1 The end of shop class  (9/2/2012)


 12.1 The end of shop class  (9/2/2012)


 12.1 The end of shop class  (9/2/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment